Monday, July 02, 2012

The closet is done!


  


For months I have had a paint swatch hanging up in the entry off from the garage. Offically, it was called the color was called "Peat Moss". But to me it was the perfect shade of dark chocolate. Ever since I saw this on Pinterest, I couldn't wait to take down those doors. So finally, this past week the entry was finally transformed. This is the entry from our garage before. I couldn't believe all the stuff we found in there! Everything from lightbulbs to a soft sided cooler to a CD rack. We moved all the heavy winter coats and Chris's shoes to another closet opposite of this big slider door.

 And then AFTER, minus the paint cans. Yeah! No more doors and cramped quarters! We took down the doors and track. We put all the stuff that had accumulated back in its proper place or threw it out. If it's chocolate color, then I painted it. If it's white, then Chris did. He was able to paint the garage door also. On the shelf I put extra blankets from the family room and am going to get a basket for beach towels. I may even hang some of the kid's artwork up.

We really like it. It is so nice to come in without being so cramped and cluttered. The kids and I can put our shoes and bags right where they need to go withour falling on each other. Not quite the same as my inspiration picture, but it works for us!



1 comment:

Heidi said...

Fabulous job!